Following on from how to format the date in Analysis Services UDM Model, today I found myself trying to do the same thing for the tabular model. Where Excel was viewing the dates as a label and not as an actual Date. And after some looking around it is fairly simple to implement so that you can then use the Date Functions within Excel.
- Go into your Tabular Project
- Go into your Date Sheet that you have imported.
- Then click on any Column within your Date Sheet, so that it is selected
i. NOTE: I had already set the properties in my Date Column to the following:
- Now at the topclick on Table, then click on Date, then you will see Mark As Date Table.
- This will then open the Mark as Date Table Window
- Click on the drop down and select your correctly formatted Date Column.
i. In my example below it was called Date
- Then click Ok.
- Now deploy and then process your Tabular Model.
- Now when you go into Excel you will see the following: