BI-RoundUp – Power BI (Service & Mobile update July 2017 – Community Blog Highlights – Trust Center)
With the imminent monthly release happening for Power BI, here is this week’s BI-RoundUp.
Power BI – Service & mobile Update July 2017
With this update there are details which I did blog about previously which related to both the Power BI Service and a mobile iOS update.
Within the Power BI Service they have made the following updates.
- Dashboard Email Subscriptions – I am already using this to get a daily view of my dashboard so that without having to log into Power BI I can see how my metrics are tracking.
- Dashboard Performance Inspector – This is really a handy tool to understand if your dashboard is taking a long time to load, what could be causing the issue and how to make the changes so that it loads quicker. I do know that everyone loves things that loads quicker.
- Snowflake and SAP BusinessWarehouse DirectQuery now supported for On-premises data gateway
- Data refresh APIs – This is great if you want to be able to refresh your data using an API instead of having to schedule or log into the Power BI Service and click Refresh Now.
- New Q&A experience on iOS (Preview) – There have been even more advancements with the Q&A for iOS where not only can you ask it questions, but also do it in a conversational way, so it will remember what you asked previously and then will continue. It now also has the capability to be able to use conversational words like “How About” or “Compare it”
You can find the blog post here with additional details: Power BI Service and Mobile July Feature Summary
Power BI – Community Blog Highlights
As you can see above these are the highlights for the Power BI Community Blog for the past month. There has really been some great content, including my Overview Infographic for Power BI (Which I do keep up to date on my website)
You can find the details here: Power BI Community Blog Highlights
Power BI – Trust Center
If you are looking to understand how compliant Power BI is, there is a really insightful website from the Trust Center where you can find all the details related to Security with Power BI.
You can find the website here: Microsoft Power BI – Trust Center