Creating Power BI Premium Per User or Premium Partitions with Tabular Editor
What I find I wanted to do with a new PPU Dataset with incremental partitions is I did not want to wait for the PBI Service to complete this. The reason is that very often there are issues, and it takes a long time to complete.
I wanted to have the control where I can process the partitions as I and when I wanted to.
To do this I found a way to do this using Tabular Editor 2
- I had to log into the PPU dataset in the Power BI Service.
- I then checked and made sure I have got my Refresh Policy in the periods I require.
- My working example below was for the past 92 days and incrementally refresh the past 2 days.
If I made a change to the RolloingWindowPeriods or RollingWindowGranularity I would first have to save this back to the PBI Service.
- If I did not save the changes, I would get the following Warning
- I then saved it back to the PBI Service.
- NOTE: Typically, if this was a dataset that had all the partitions processed, I would be hesitant to do this, because I might overwrite the existing data. But because this is a new dataset it should not be an issue.
I then right clicked on my table and selected “Apply Refresh Policy”
Once this was done, I could then verify by looking at the partitions for my table
This then allowed me to then process the partitions manually as needed.
Thanks for reading and have an amazing day or night depending on when you are reading this!