Power BI RoundUp | Time-Based Scheduling for Email Subscriptions | Power BI Report Server Update | On-Premise data gateway in the Power Platform | Monetization option for Power BI Custom Visuals
It is great to be back and already into the swing of a new year. 2019 has already started with a lot of new features already coming into the Power Platform. I am looking forward to the year ahead and no doubt will see a lot of new features coming.
Here is this week’s Power BI RoundUp
Power BI – Time-Based scheduling for Email Subscriptions
I know of a lot of clients who have been asking for the capability to be able to send the subscription emails at the same time every day.
This is now possible thanks to the great work by Chris Finlan and his team.
You now have multiple options on how to schedule the email subscriptions, where you can also schedule up to 24 subscriptions per report or dashboard.
All the blog post details are here: E-Mail Subscription Time-Based Scheduling Now Available
Power BI – Report Server Update
As promised there has been a massive update for Power BI Report Server.
Almost all the Power BI Desktop features that have been previously released are included in this update to the Power BI Report Server.
I am not going to go into detail as these have all be covered off before. In the section below you can find more details if required.
- Dot plot layout support in scatter charts
- Copy value and selection from table & matrix
- Built-in report theme options
- Search in filter cards
- Expand & collapse matrix row headers
- Copy & paste between Desktop files
- Smart guides for aligning objects on a page
- Set tab order for objects on a page
- Tooltips for button visuals
- Report accessibility improvements
- DAX editor improvements
- Modeling accessibility improvements
- Optional Drilldown Filter argument for the RollupAddIsSubtotal function
- NonVisual function
- IsInScope function
- Updated Power BI Desktop for Report Server icon
- Transport layer security settings
- High contrast support for all panes and report footer
- Improved keyboard shortcuts dialog
If you are looking for more details, here is the link to the blog post: Power BI Report Server Update – January 2019
Power BI – On-Premise Data Gateway Management in Power Platform Admin Center
Now within the Power Platform Admin Center you can manage all your data gateways.
This allows you to do the following:
View Gateway Clusters and see
- Gateway Cluster Name
- Contact Info
- View Gateway Members
- Manage Gateway Administrators
- Search for Gateway Cluster Names
The blog post details can be found here: On-premises data gateway management in the Power platform admin center
Power BI – Monetize Custom Visuals
If you have created custom visuals and you want to generate some income from your custom visuals this now can be done through the AppSource.
It is done where there is the ability to complete an in-app purchase.
All the details can be found here: New monetization option for Power BI Custom Visuals through AppSource!
Thanks for reading, I hope you found this useful. I know I personally come back to my own blog posts when looking for certain things.
Comments or suggestions are always welcome.